BitConnect aims to create maximum safety for each member. We want you to be careful and not allow the scammers to steal your data, so we have created detailed instructions on how to protect yourself from possible threats.
To access your security settings, press the “security,” tab.
1) Mobile APP(Google authenticator) based two-factor authentication
- The two factor authentication mobile App feature will protect your account in minutes.
- The first step is to download and install the app for your mobile phone or desktop computer.
- The second step is to make sure you keep a written copy of the google authentication key and store it in a safe place. If you lose or change your device the key will be needed.
- Scan QR barcode revealed with mobile app and enter the Authentication code given by your mobile app in the box and click "Enable" button.
The two-factor authentication has been enabled now and you will require six-digit code from your mobile app every time you sign in to your BitConnect account.
2) Enable mobile SMS based two-factor authentication
- Under two-factor authentication, there is a second option for enabling mobile sms based two-factor authentication. You must choose to enable either the mobile app or the mobile sms. You cannot select both.
- To enable Mobile SMS based two-factor authentication your number needs to be verified. Place it in the box and click “verify via SMS.”
- Enter the verification code from your phone and click “enable.”
Congratulations! Your two-factor authentication for Mobile SMS based is enabled and you will require SMS code every time you sign in to your BitConnect account.